Friday, October 11, 2013

This is my "I'm Wasting Time" Post...

So, I'm sitting here in the on call office with my fellow on call CA just trying to avoid homework. I have found that the on call office is a most unproductive place to work so while one might think I could get a lot of work done since I have to sit in here for five hours tonight, not a whole lot is accomplished.

Really, not a whole lot was accomplished today at all after class. I came back to my room and watched "Once Upon a Time" and "The Middle" online, since I missed them both earlier this week. As I said before in a previous post, I usually take time off from homework anyways Friday afternoon and then get to work on Friday evening if I don't have anything more exciting to do... which is most of the time! However, whenever I'm on call I spend the majority of my time on facebook/pinterest/ checking my e-mail multiple times in one hour even though I know there probably wont be anything new.

Despite my complete lack of achievements in the realm of homework today, I do have one thing to be proud of... today I got my flu shot! Woohoo! They have them free at health services and I sure try to avoid getting sick at all costs so of course I chose to go get one. I absolutely despise getting shots and would avoid them at all costs if I didn't actually care about staying healthy. I have my "I got my flu shot today" sticker and a nice band aid with little dogs on it though so I'm pretty happy; it doesn't take much to satisfy me!
Obligatory shot with the "I got my flu shot" sticker.
I really don't have much else to say... like I said, this is just an excuse for me to postpone homework. Good thing fall break is coming up very soon because I certainly need a break! For now though, I guess I should go and get some reading done. It's really not that bad... for my Harlem Renaissance class, I'm reading Infants of the Spring by Wallace Thurman which I'm enjoying so far. I'm also reading This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I'm using it as a primary source for my history research project on the the image of the 1920's flapper and I am liking it so far!  It's making me think I should read The Great Gatsby again soon; when I read it in high school, I only thought it was okay. Literary tastes change though as we learn and grow and I'm discovering that I really enjoy modernist literature.  Also, Fitzgerald is a fellow native Minnesotan so that gives me more of an incentive to read more of his works!

Okay, time to go now. It's almost midnight and I'd at least like to get a little something worthwhile done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment